Hi, I’m Alex from Evolia (Formerly Voilà!) – your all in one HR platform from recruiting to payroll.
Today I’ll be answering a customer question:
How to prepare for a statutory holiday?
With the long weekend coming up, we need to make sure that your holiday is created in Evolia with the proper parameters set in place.
Here are 5 steps to help you better prep for a stat holiday using Evolia:
- On the scheduling tab, you will need to click the umbrella icon to add a
- Then you will set the conditions for that by choosing the group of employees, and the type of leave, which in our case would be a holiday.
- Decide the indemnity by choosing the calculation type. This is either done by a fixed number of hours or based on the hours worked in the previous day/week. The most commonly used would be the 1-20 rule which is pro-rated with a specific reference period.
- Then you will decide to include paid time off and/or overtime.
- Lastly, if it is a holiday that nobody is working, you can cancel the shifts of that particular day and make them unavailable for new open shifts. And you’re done!
Your holiday has been created and now the calculations will reflect on your timesheets!
Want to learn more? BOOK A DEMO